Getting your beauty sleep while traveling is actually an important and often overlooked way to stay mentally and physically healthy – both while on business trips or vacations. While many people think that comfortable and restful sleep while traveling is unattainable, it really isn’t if you simply know these simple tricks for maximizing good quality sleep while traveling.
1. Stay Well-Hydrated
Proper hydration is one of the surest ways to stave off illness, lethargy, and digestive troubles and promote positive rest while traveling. Start by making sure you are hydrating yourself extra well several days before your trip. You might even choose to take some simple hydration tablets which contain minerals like sodium, magnesium, and potassium to help your body absorb what it needs each and every day.
Traveling often interrupts your sleep and restroom schedules, but providing your body with plenty of water will help keep your digestive system working properly and your body ready for sleep whenever you can catch a few z’s. Water consumption will also help keep headaches and fatigue at bay. If you are traveling somewhere where you’ll be out in the sun a lot or the climate is drier than the humidity you’re used to, fluids are extra important!
2. Move Your Body
Even if forced to sit for long periods of time in an airplane, train, or car, it’s important to get up as often as possible and get moving. Movement helps get blood flow to your muscles and brain, boosts endorphins, wards off cramps, and helps you sleep better. Try some of the following to keep yourself moving and have better sleep during travel:
- If traveling by car, stop and get out to take short walks
- Stop every 2-3 hours to do some squats and have a stretch break
- If you’re able to, stop and exercise for at least 30 minutes. Even low-impact exercises can reduce stress, increase blood flow, and boost your mood!
- Don’t exercise within one to two hours of bedtime so that your body knows it’s time to rest
- If on a long flight, walk up and down the aisle every hour or so and do some simple stretches in your seat
3. Mitigate Jet Lag with Natural Light
Jet lag may be unavoidable, but there are some things you can do to make it less severe. One of the best ways to fight it is to get as much natural light as you can throughout the day and use a melatonin supplement to get to sleep. Getting on the schedule of whatever time zone you’re arriving in as quickly as possible will make it easier to sleep soundly.
4. Plan for a Relaxing, Quiet Space
When traveling it is essential that you plan for rest by choosing a comfortable, relaxing, and quiet place where you can catch up on sleep. At Wallbeds n’ More in Campbell, we can also help you create such a space for welcoming friends and family with a murphy wall bed in your own home.
A murphy wall bed allows you to provide a guest room while using that room for other purposes throughout the year – or even during their stay! Transform the hidden bed into a twin, twin xl, full, of queen size wall bed within a minute.
Providing a bed with a real mattress that will give guests a relaxing, rejuvenating break from traveling is a sure way to make them feel welcome and right at home. We recommend soft colors like blues, grays, and earth tones on your murphy bed to enhance the feeling of relaxation and bring a sense of peace to the space.
Design a Murphy bed with Function and Comfort in Mind
When you choose a murphy wall bed from Wallbeds n’ More there are all kinds of additions you can select to make your furniture unit as accommodating as possible. Some of our top recommendations include:
- Storage space such as drawers for guests to unpack their belongings
- Ambient lighting and/or individual reading lamps to set a relaxing mood
- A comfortable mattress which you can choose yourself at our showroom
- A wardrobe addition to function as a closet for guests’ belongings
- USB ports to charge phones, laptops, earbuds, and watches
- A drawer that has items guests may have forgotten such as a toothbrush, lotion, tissues, or a small sewing kit
- Extra blankets and cozy pillows in the murphy bed cabinets
- Soft linens including flannel or cotton sheets (depending on the season)
Make an Appointment to Visit Our Murphy Bed Showroom
Our murphy wall bed showroom in Campbell, CA is open by appointment only; this is to ensure that each and every visitor has a unique, catered experience. Our friendly and knowledgeable employees can help you choose your perfect wall bed model and customize it to match the needs and interior design style of your home.
Locations We Serve
We are located in Santa Clara County in the town of Campbell, CA, but we also provide services to surrounding locations such as:
- Los Gatos
- Cambrian Park
- West San Jose
Simply call us today at (408) 761-4732 today to schedule an appointment and come make your dreams of vertisitle, new furniture a reality.